Support your child/ Cefnogwch eich Plentyn
Numeracy Across the Curriculum – Learning Styles
Click here for information about the recent changes in GCSE Maths and English.
*We want to collect the views of our Year 7 parents, please assist us, click www.surveymonkey.com and complete our survey.
There are a number of ways you can support your child to get the best out of their time at Tasker Milward. Here are just a few:
- Talk to your child about school.
- Show an interest in what they have learned each day.
- Listen to them read.
- Praise them for good work.
- Encourage them to attend extra-curricular clubs.
- Ensure they have the correct uniform and PE kit and that they come to school each day properly equipped.
- Encourage them to have a healthy diet and a good night’s sleep.
- Be aware of the school rules and discuss them with your child.
- Discuss any problems they may encounter with them.
- Make sure the contact details kept at school are correct and up-to-date – let the school know if you change your mobile number.
- Make sure they arrive at school punctually each morning.
- If they are off school because of illness, contact the school in the morning.
- Avoid booking family holidays during term-time.
- “like” our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter to keep up-to-date with school news.
- Attend Parents’ Evenings.
- Provide a quiet place to study at home.
- If possible allow them internet access but set parental controls to an age appropriate level and monitor their use of the internet.
- Monitor the usage of gaming devices such as Xbox and set time limits.
- As they get older talk to them about GCSE / A level exam requirements.
- Encourage them at all times to be aspirational!