80-Day Revision Website Launched! http://maths.taskermilward.org.uk/
Prepare for mathematics exam by clicking the latest resource Prepare for mathematics exam.
On entering Year 10, pupils will be arranged in sets on the basis of their mathematical ability.
All pupils will follow Key Stage 4 of the National Curriculum, which involves study of Numbers, Algebra, Shape and Space, and Data Handling. A fifth category, Using and Applying Mathematics, is an integral part of the other four.
What is Mathematics for?
- To develop your mathematical knowledge and understanding and your oral, written and practical skills in a way which encourages confidence.
- To develop a feel for number, so that you can carry out calculations and understand the significance of the results you get.
- To help you to solve everyday problems, present the solutions and check the results.
- To allow you to use Mathematics as a means of communication.
- To help you apply your Maths in Science and Technology.
- To develop your appreciation that the different branches of Mathematics are all related.
- To let you produce and appreciate imaginative and creative work arising from Mathematical ideas.
- To give you a firm basis for further study in Mathematics and many other disciplines.